Sunday, July 18, 2010

We recently took a trip down to Bear Lake Utah to be with John's family for a week. It was a wonderful time and provided a great opportunity to accomplish part of a  goal that I had set for myself back in January. The goal was simply to photograph two places that I have never before been.   (I think the real reason I set that goal was because I knew it would require that I actually travel somewhere.)    Sometimes you just have to put it out there - and then the opportunity presents itself right? Anyways, the following photos are shots that I gathered during the week, either at bear lake or somewhere in between here and there!


Each day, as we approached the north side of the lake we would drive past a little pond with Pelicans. They were always there - just bobbin on the water.



This is the beach we played at pretty much every day. Though some people thought that the weather was chilly, I was perfectly warm. Perhaps that is because Canada has yet to experience a summer day. In comparison this was balmy! The water was warm and the sand was perfect for playing in.




I realize this shot isn't fabulous, but I took it from the balcony of the room we stayed in.   This little sailboat was in reality quite far away from us - but as I watched those people sail - all I wanted to do was join them.




That sent me into a 3 day obsession with sailing.   I thought back often to the week I spent in High School living on the ocean in a small sailboat.   




I had fun exploring the Marina a bit.




This shot was taken in Idaho Falls as we stopped for a picnic on the way home.




The Idaho Falls temple could be seen in the background and looked very beautiful with a cascading waterfall in front of it.






I'm excited to accomplish the last half of my goal and photograph spots in another place "new to me."


It's got me thinking that perhaps next year I should set a goal to take pictures of as many exotic Islands as possible.      You know me - I just can't let a goal go unaccomplished now,  can I? 

2 comments:

Brianna said...

these pictures are so great! I love them!

shauna said...

Love the photos! The marina ones are just so peaceful! We'll have to go exploring one evening and leave the boys with the kids so you can get some great photos of the Wasa area!