Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Artsy Ambition for 2011

I really try hard not to set too many goals for myself at the beginning of each year.   Where's the fun in getting overwhelmed and giving up a month or two down the road?   Perhaps that is why I prefer to instead chose a WORD each New Year that I want to live by for the following 12 months.  It is broad enough that I could never really be disappointed in my achievements (ahem ...or lack of), but still it is enough to motivate me to improve in many different areas.   This year the word I chose to be my theme for 2011 was ILLUMINATE.   I'm excited to explore all of the ways that I can apply this to my life.  

However, when it comes to making TIME for hobbies and the things I enjoy doing- I find the only way that I'd ever accomplish anything - is to commit to a few specific goals.    What can I say?  If I want to really get something done-it takes making a To Do list ok!


So here is my favourite To Do list of all.  
My Artsy Ambitions for 2011:

1.   Re-commit to complete two pieces of art this year.   Last year I only managed to finish one painting, but I'm going to meet the quota this year.  Promise.   

2.   Create a collection of my favourite landscape photos and develop them in a new and creative way that is beneficial.  In other words- my favourite photos are NOT going to just sit on my hard drive this year!

3.   Learn to really use my camera.   I admit, I barely know how to use it to it's full potential.   I plan to practice on my kids-and capture more candid (and hopefully eventually...more beautiful) photos then I've been doing. 

4.  Indexing!   I know that this blog is in large part devoted to my interests in things related to ART, but let's just be open minded and welcome HOBBIES of all sorts into the mix.    This year, I want to begin Indexing  for my church.   That's right.   I know longer feel too young for Genealogy!    Perhaps,  I just feel like an old soul now.   
It's time.

Wish me Luck!!!

(a recent photo that I took of my adorable niece Marilyn)

1 comment:

Jordan and Luci said...

I like it. That pic of Marilyn is so cute. I want to see more. Why not photograph a new place, like say our house?