Thursday, July 29, 2010

Crypt!

My sister Jewel recently watched all of our Kids so that John and I could do a larger hike in Waterton.   I wanted to collect some photos that I plan on entering in a contest.    I've entered some of these photos already, and the others just help to capture the essence of what Crypt is like!  

Have I ever mentioned how much I love living so close to such a beautiful place?


This picture was taken as we crossed the lake to begin the hike.






As we started out the trail had several switchbacks.  This photo was taken looking back toward the town site.






Another picture taken while looking back.  The morning sun was beautiful!







There were three or four larger waterfalls along this trail.   Each one beautiful!




Perhaps my favorite waterfall shot!














Or maybe this one is my favorite.








I love this!   Behind that mountain in the back (on the right) is the town of Waterton!








It was so so Green and lush in some places.






That Sunlight!   Love it!







You can hardly see it but on the bottom left there is a little lake.    John and I didn't think it was possible to reach it with out going off trail- but it intrigued us.    I'm not sure if it has a name or not?







This photo was taken from inside the cave looking out.    As soon as you exit you are on a cliff and must scale along a narrow wall while holding a cable.  Only for about 30 feet or so, but still.



Just LOVE this picture.






Crypt Lake.   I took this picture while John fished.


 I should point out that in all the times John and I have gone to waterton THIS summer- we have never experienced a day that was cool or windy.    Others report that it has been a very cold year in waterton.    We just keep getting lucky, I guess.    Perfectly still water!




The view as we head for home.








This picture was taken just a couple of minutes before we reached the dock at the end of the day.  

Thanks Jewel.  It could not have been more beautiful of a day!

1 comment:

Jordan and Luci said...

My favorite were the reflection ones in the lake. So awesome Tan! You're gonna win!!!!