Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A recap on All things Artsy 2010

A year ago, around this time, I sat down and recorded a few goals that I wanted to accomplish in 2010.   Specific things that I wanted to do to develop myself creatively.    It has been fun to work on those goals this year and I have to say I found it to be more rewarding then I had originally thought it would be.   Here's a little recap for you, along with a small evaluation of how I did.

Goal #1:  
Photograph Chief Mountain every month of the year from as many different angles as possible.    


I LOVED doing this.  I often found myself glancing out my kitchen window for a glance of ol' chief. There were many mornings when I just dropped what I was doing to capture the shot that I knew would only last a few more minutes (before the sun rose completely.)   This goal took me on several solitary back road drives throughout the year which gave me a lot of time alone enjoying the local area.


    I feel more connected to this mountain and surrounding landscape and truly love living so close to it.  



Goal # 2:
Photograph two places that I had never been before.

Perhaps I had alterior motives when deciding on this goal.  Not only would it mean I'd photograph a beautiful place- but it also meant TRAVEL of course!  The first stop took me to Bear Lake in Utah USA.  Of course we were there for a reunion but I enjoyed the time I spent exploring the area.


The second phase of this goal came two weeks later as John and I hiked Crypt Trail in Waterton.  It's the first time in my life to do this trail and therefore my first time reaching the stunning Crypt Lake.  It was a breathtaking hike that also began a physical and personal journey that has changed my life and continues to shape me and influence me today.


I can hardly look at this photo without remembering how happy I felt that day, as well as reflecting on all that has happened in my family since then.


Goal #3:  
Complete two paintings before the year ends.  

Well, I have to say that I did not quite accomplish that goal.  I only managed to complete one painting this year, and just recently at that.


However, my interest in art has been rekindled and methinks this goal will be revisited in 2011.


I'm sitting on a few ideas for this New Year.  Hopefully I can get around to posting my goals here soon!

No comments: