Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mail Run


I made a trip down to Babb Montana for some mail today.
After picking up the mail, I got a bit side tracked.   Perhaps I was just stalling.    Instead of rushing home to rescue John who was landscaping our front lawn (as per my instruction), building a deck AND babysitting a bunch of crazy kids,   I took a a side road and toured the Chief Mountain Highway.     It's a new road to me and one that I'm sure I will explore a lot more come the summer.

I loved this view of Chief Mountain. 


But I think it will be much prettier when everything is green and lush in the foreground.




On the way home, I noticed these little ones (or not so little) just off the side of the road near the turn off to Police Lake.


The momma bear was standing on her hind legs watching my van cautiously.     As I approached she quickly started to usher her brood further back into the field.





It definately made for an exciting afternoon drive. 

No comments: