Monday, September 30, 2013

Wildlife Festival

This past Friday, I participated in a Photography workshop in Waterton.   (It's the Wildlife Festival right now, and so there's a bunch of various classes/presentations that you can attend.)  

The class lasted two hours and involved a drive up Akimina Road, a stop near Red Rock for some camera tutorial, and then a drive back.   All the while we scoured the landscape in search of Wildlife.   The first hour and a half was, frankly, quite lame.   We saw little.   
The last half hour was AMAZING as we came upon several bears just off the side of the road.  
To say we caused a "bear jam" would be an understatement.   Imagine 10 amateur photographers all vying for the closest/best angle.   

It had snowed the day before which made the air quite cool, BUT provided a BEAUTIFUL backdrop!

After the course, I hung around Waterton a bit for some time to do the things I normally don't do when my kids come along.    I stopped off at my favorite restaraunt Vimy's and had a Turkey Club Sandwich and Clam Chowder while I watched the rain fall outside.   THEN, I headed over to the Falls Theatre for a 1 hour presentation about Wolves.  Before heading home I grabbed a cup of steamed milk and drove out to the flat to watch the Elk.    

It was pretty much the perfect way to end a busy week;) 









No comments: