Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012 Goals

2012!!! Already!

It seems like only a little while ago I was making my goals for 2011. (Ok, truthfully, I'm beginning to see how little amount of time 12 months really is.)
I enjoyed reviewing my year and the goals that I had set for myself, particularly with my art and photography. A couple of really cool things happened that has convinced me that if I dream it- I can achieve it.

For example. I had set to goals for my photography. 1) I wanted to be able to photograph two places that I had never before been to. In March we went to Chotoeau Montana to see the snow geese migration. It was a stunning sight and provided a great opportunity to photograph. Then in early spring we drove out to St. Mary's Dam. It is ridiculously close by to us, but until now had never really been a place we visited. This year though, that changed. It quickly became a family favorite spot of ours. We fished, searched for dinosaur fossils, had picnics and explored. I got some lovely family photos there and I'm sure we'll be spending a lot of time in 2012 there as well. So that is a big CHECK for goal number 1!:)
2) I wanted my photography to be used in some way. I did not just want it to sit on my computer never to be looked at again. I wasn't sure how this would be achieved but as the year progressed, a couple of opportunities presented themselves. I entered two contests and ended up winning both of them. (One contest I even won for four of my photos in ALL four categories! Crazy!) As a result one of my photos is featured in the Value Drug Mart calendar for the month of February. On top of that- 4 of my photos from visits to waterton will be used in whatever way Experience Waterton and Waymaker Hospitality chooses to use them.
I was hugely blessed!

This year, I want to continue enjoying my passion in photography, but I would also like to return to art a bit. I want to explore my creativity in some way. Sketch? Paint? Something.

So here it is. My artsy goals for 2012:

I want to go out once a month and photograph a familiar place in a new way.

Also, I want to complete one work of art a month. This may be a painting, a sketch, or perhaps just a craft.

So that is ONE Photo & One piece of ART every month for the next 12 months!!!
Wish me luck!



No comments: